As a makeup noob, I’ve always had difficulty choosing the right makeup brushes – particularly, foundation brushes. I’ve seen several videos using different kinds of brushes – but who would buy a dozen different ones for applying foundation? I’d rather do it using my fingers, to be honest. But when I found out about Michael Todd Beauty, a cruelty-free beauty company, and their new sonicblend anti-microbial makeup brush I was curious to see how it works.
Here’s the lowdown on this revolutionary tool:
- It’s the world’s first ever makeup brush that applies makeup at sonic speeds of up to 200 times per second.
- It has built-in protection against microbial contamination.’
- It uses the Smart 3D Flaw-Fill Technology, sonic movements that help create a natural-looking airbrushed finish.
- Before using it for the first time, you will need to charge the brush handle using the charging cable for 3 hours.
- There are 3 customizable speeds available.
And here’s the test that I did:
I used Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Liquid Foundation in medium for my skin tone. The Smart 3D Flaw-Fill Technology provides gentle microbrush strokes per second for dispersing the products into large pores, wrinkles, and fine lines.
This technology allows for a flawless look. I was pretty satisfied with the coverage I got. I’ve been using the same foundation for about a year now, but this brush is actually pretty good. The bristles are so soft, and I didn’t have to use and waste a lot of liquid foundation because the sonic movements helped distribute it evenly on my face.
I also liked the fact that it looked so natural afterwards. Check out the simple Red Lip Tutorial I did below using Michael Todd Beauty’s sonicblend anti-microbial makeup brush.